Senior Mutual Fund Administrator/Accountant – Rockville, MD
Position: Senior Mutual Fund Administrator/Accountant
Location: Rockville, MD
About Mitsubishi UFG Investor Services (US), LLC
MUFG Investor Services (US), LLC is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services and is fully licensed to act as a Fund Administration service provider.
Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services is a global provider of alternative investment services with powerful technology and strong institutional backing. This combination provides the Company with the strength and flexibility to excel as a strategic partner to its clients. Our management team has cumulative experience exceeding 75 years in businesses related to third party financial processing and our staff turnover is among the lowest in the industry. A winning combination of proprietary technology and industry leading vendor based software places us in the position to provide a level of service beyond the reach of much of our competition.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to join our Financial Reporting/Fund Administration team. Reporting to the Associate Director of Fund Administration, this person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for monitoring and analyzing fund expenses and preparing financial statements. The successful candidate will have experience in the financial services industry and be comfortable interacting with all levels of management in a team environment.
The role presents an opportunity to maintain regulatory compliance by preparing information for required filings, including financial reports and responding to audit requests. The position is located in the Rockville office.
- Review and assist in preparation of annual and semi-annual financial reports
- Prepare fund expenses, including allocation, review and analysis
- Review of various regulatory filings for 1940 Act products, including N-1A, and forms N-CSR, N-Q, etc.
- Assist external departments in the creation of prospectuses
- Prepare deliverables for fund audits and respond to auditor requests during examinations
- Perform quarterly IRS and SEC compliance testing
- Complete various third party fund surveys and ad hoc requests
- Provide work direction, coaching and training to junior staff members
- Complete other departmental duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business
- At least 3 years of Accounting work experience
- Mutual fund and/or investment industry experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet stringent deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong computer, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to identify and effectively communicate issues affecting assigned funds
- Ability to work both individually and within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must successfully pass a background check
Please submit your resume to FARecruiter@mufg-is.us
Mitsubishi UFG Investor Services (US), LLC is an equal opportunity employer.