Senior Mutual Fund Administrator/Accountant – Rockville, MD
Position: Senior Mutual Fund Administrator/Accountant
Location: Rockville, MD
About MUFG Investor Services (US), LLC
MUFG Investor Services provides asset servicing solutions to the global investment management industry. Leveraging the financial and intellectual capital of MUFG – one of the largest banks in the world with $2.7 trillion in assets – we provide clients access to a range of leading solutions from fund administration, middle-office outsourcing, custody, foreign exchange, fund of hedge fund financing, trustee services and depositary to securities lending and other banking services.
We offer our employees a stimulating environment where they can learn and grow as an Accounting professional and are able to advance their career. This opportunity offers an excellent benefits package and competitive compensation program.
MUFG Investor Services is seeking an exceptional individual to join our Financial Reporting/Fund Administration team. Reporting to the Associate Director of Fund Administration, this person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for monitoring and analyzing fund expenses and preparing financial statements. The successful candidate will have experience in the financial services industry and be comfortable interacting with all levels of management in a team environment.
The role presents an opportunity to maintain regulatory compliance by preparing information for required filings, including financial reports and responding to audit requests. The position is located in the Rockville office.
- Review and assist in the preparation of annual and semi-annual financial reports
- Prepare fund expenses, including allocation, review, and analysis
- Review of various regulatory filings for 1940 Act products, including N-1A, and forms N-CSR, N-CEN, etc.
- Assist external departments in the creation of prospectuses
- Prepare deliverables for fund audits and respond to auditor requests during examinations
- Perform quarterly IRS and SEC compliance testing
- Complete various third party fund surveys and ad hoc requests
- Provide work direction, coaching and training to junior staff members
- Complete other departmental duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business
- At least 3 years of Accounting work experience
- Mutual fund and/or investment industry experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet stringent deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong computer, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to identify and effectively communicate issues affecting assigned funds
- Ability to work both individually and within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must successfully pass a background check
Please submit your resume to FARecruiter@mufg-is.us
MUFG Investor Services (US), LLC is an equal opportunity employer.