Senior Fund Accountant – Dallas
Position: Senior Fund Accountant
Location: Dallas, Texas
About MUFG Investor Services
MUFG Investor Services provides asset servicing solutions to the global investment management industry. Leveraging the financial and intellectual capital of MUFG – one of the largest banks in the world with $2.4 trillion in assets – we provide clients access to a range of leading solutions from fund administration, middle-office outsourcing, custody, foreign exchange, fund of hedge fund financing, trustee services and depositary to securities lending and other banking services.
About MUFG Capital Analytics LLC
MUFG Capital Analytics LLC, part of MUFG Investor Services – the asset servicing arm of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, provides record-keeping, reporting and transaction management services to the Private Equity community and oversee fund administration across various asset classes including: Merchant Banking, Venture Capital, Real Estate and Fund Related Investments, which includes fund of private equity funds, secondary funds and co-investment funds. We also provide customized reporting, analysis and transaction management for foundations, pension plans and other private equity investors interested in a consolidated view of their entire alternative and traditional investment portfolio.
We offer our employees a stimulating environment where they can learn and grow as an Accounting professional and are able to advance their career. To this end we encourage and celebrate our CPAs with company sponsored CPE opportunities and training reimbursements throughout the year. In addition we have an excellent benefits package and offer a competitive compensation program.
MUFG Capital Analytics LLC is seeking a Senior Fund Accountant to join our team. This critical position will have the primary responsibility of record keeping and financial reporting for several private equity investment partnership clients and will report to one or more fund controllers. The senior fund accountant will review, audit and approve the work of cash operations team and the financial reporting analyst team. Other activities will include analyzing investment transactions and valuations and using sound judgment to determine the proper accounting and classification. This position is a client-facing role and must have client service skills. A partial list of specific responsibilities is listed below:
- Oversee the recording of journal entries and maintaining general ledger for assigned partnerships.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Preparation of capital calls and distributions notices to partners.
- Maintain a working understanding of the limited partnership agreements(s) and apply the terms to the financial reporting and the income and expense allocations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current accounting principles and developing issues that affect investment partnerships and advising clients on their proper application.
- Preparation of financial statements and footnotes.
- Allocation of income and expenses to the partners’ capital accounts.
- Preparation of various management reports for assigned partnerships.
- Knowledge and effective use of system and other technology.
- Review and approve the work of cash operations and financial reporting analyst teams.
- Review and approve the work of fund accountants.
- Analyzing investment performance and presenting the results to the client.
- Review responsibility for financial statements, tax filings and other management reports.
- College degree with a major in accounting
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- CPA or CPA candidate
- At least three years of relevant experience working as a staff accountant in a public accounting firm or similar accounting position in industry.
- Proactive, resourceful, strong work ethic, team player, leader
- Excellent analytical skills and thorough working knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong experience with relevant technology
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal (ideally with experience presenting to clients)
Interested candidates should forward their CV via Recruiting@capitalanalytics.com. Please quote the position title in the subject of your email. We thank all candidates for applying, however only those proceeding to the interview stage will be contacted.
MUFG is an equal opportunity employer.