Operations Accountant – Dallas
Title: Operations Accountant
Location: Dallas, Texas
About MUFG Investor Services:
MUFG Investor Services is part of the Mitsubishi UFJ Union Financial Group, (MUFG) one of the largest financial groups in the world. As such we are dedicated to providing our clients with the top quality service and our employees a rewarding career. To our clients we provide record-keeping, reporting and transaction management services to the Private Equity community. This includes overseeing fund administration across various asset classes including: Merchant Banking, Venture Capital, Real Estate and Fund Related Investments which includes fund of private equity funds, secondary funds and co-investment funds. MUFG also provides customized reporting, analysis and transaction management for foundations, pension plans and other private equity investors interested in a consolidated view of their entire alternative and traditional investment portfolio.
To our employees we offer a stimulating environment where they can grow as a professional and develop long term careers, not just another job. To this end we ensure our professionals have the support to achieve their career development and goals including professional certification reimbursement programs. In addition to competitive salaries, a casual work environment and an excellent benefits program we give our employees the chance to give back to the community through our social service activities.
We celebrate our employee’s successes and believe successful employees lead to successful businesses. If you take pride in your work and want to take pride in your employer- contact us.
MUFG is seeking a Part-Time Operations Accountant to join our team. This individual’s primary responsibility will be to ensure that cash transactions are recorded on a timely basis and that accounts are reconciled. A partial list of specific duties is below:
- Download bank reports
- Record and verify transactions
- Prepare monthly reconciliation to include:
- Bank Statement
- CR & D Report
- GL Report
- Reconciliation of Cash and Stock
- Special projects may be assigned in response to business need and may include such work related tasks as financial statements, capital calls, distribution notices and preparation of tax forms
- Currently attending college in pursuit of a four year degree
- Accounting strongly preferred, followed by Finance
- If not currently attending school have at least two years of related higher education
- Be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the foundations and principles of Accounting
- Entry level (however, 6 months to 1 year work experience in accounting preferred)
- Have a demonstrated history of being a team player and having a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required
- Have a strong understanding of Excel and other related technologies
MUFG Investor Services (US), LLC is an equal opportunity employer.