Investment Accountant – Rockville, MD
Position: Investment Accountant
Location: Rockville, MD
About MUFG Investor Services (US), LLC
MUFG Investor Services provides asset servicing solutions to the global investment management industry. Leveraging the financial and intellectual capital of MUFG – one of the largest banks in the world with $2.4 trillion in assets – we provide clients access to a range of leading solutions from fund administration, middle-office outsourcing, custody, foreign exchange, fund of hedge fund financing, trustee services and depositary to securities lending and other banking services.
We offer our employees a stimulating environment where they can learn and grow as an Accounting professional and are able to advance their career. This opportunity offers an excellent benefits package and competitive compensation program.
MUFG Investor Services is seeking an Investment Accountant to join our team in our Rockville, MD office. The qualified individual will join a highly detail oriented team responsible for performing an array of daily checks to verify and validate all daily mutual fund activity used to calculate net asset values. In addition to strong problem solving and analytical skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to work independently, as well as with others. The successful candidate will have experience with Microsoft Office products and be comfortable interacting with internal and external customers as well as in a deadline driven, detail-oriented environment.
The Investment Accountant role presents an opportunity to bring a unique expertise and point of view about what drives asset and market behavior, and what drives risk and reward.
A partial list of specific responsibilities is listed below:
- Monitor cash activity, corporate actions, trade and cap stock activity, investment valuation, derivative processing, as well as custody and counterparty reconciliation
- Provide assistance during year end audits
- Communicate any issues related to outages to senior staff
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or other business-related fields
- At least 2 years of work experience in the mutual fund and/or investment industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; Excel and InvestOne experience a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a deadline-driven, detail oriented environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Interested candidates should forward their resume to IARecruiter@mufg-is.com . Please quote the position title in the subject of your email.
MUFG Investor Services (US), LLC is an equal opportunity employer.