Head of Transfer Agent – Rockville, MD
MUFG Investor Services provides asset servicing solutions to the global investment management industry. Leveraging the financial and intellectual capital of MUFG – one of the largest banks in the world with $2.4 trillion in assets – we provide clients access to a range of leading solutions from fund administration, middle-office outsourcing, custody, foreign exchange, fund of hedge fund financing, trustee services and depositary to securities lending and other banking services.
We offer our employees a stimulating environment where they can learn and grow. This opportunity offers an excellent benefits package and competitive compensation program.
MUFG investor Services is seeking the Head of the Transfer Agent to join our team in our Rockville, MD office. The qualified individual will lead all transfer agent functions as well as provide professional and strategic support to the Managing Director of Operations and other senior staff. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the federal and state regulations governing transfer agent operations and will have experience in managing a complex, growing and evolving transfer agent functions.
As part of the senior management team, the ideal candidate must be able to think strategically and will be a trusted adviser. This role presents the candidate a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, fast growing organization.
A partial list of specific responsibilities is listed below:
Oversee and manage the daily operations of the various full-service transfer agent departments and functions to include:
- Client Services
- NSCC and Dealer Operations
- Quality Review and Training
- Shareholder Reporting and Compliance
- Financial Control and Invoice Processing
General Management – Budgeting, staff acquisition, training, management and retention, productivity and efficiency improvements.
Product Development – Assist Product Development in determining transfer agent business and service model.
Client Relations – Maintain communications with clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum ten years experience managing transfer agent functions.
- Experience managing third party relationships.
- Strong understanding of the SEC transfer agent regulations (Securities Exchange Act of 1934) and investment company regulations (Investment Company Act of 1940).
- Results oriented in meeting customer expectations (SLAs) and in improving operational performance (QPMs).
- Ability to manage an organization to meet short-term and longer term changes and challenges.
Understanding of risk management principles.
- Good analytical skills and sound judgement.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to delegate and ability to assist in operational functions as needed.
- Budget management experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to Recruiter@mufg-is.com. Please quote the position title in the subject of your email.
MUFG Investor Services (US), LLC is an equal opportunity employer.