Fund Accountant – Dallas
Title: Fund Accountant
Location: Dallas, Texas
About MUFG Investor Services:
MUFG Invsetor Services is part of the Mitsubishi UFJ Union Financial Group, (MUFG) one of the largest financial groups in the world. As such we are dedicated to providing our clients with the top quality service and our employees a rewarding career. To our clients we provide record-keeping, reporting and transaction management services to the Private Equity community. This includes overseeing fund administration across various asset classes including: Merchant Banking, Venture Capital, Real Estate and Fund Related Investments which includes fund of private equity funds, secondary funds and co-investment funds. MUFG also provides customized reporting, analysis and transaction management for foundations, pension plans and other private equity investors interested in a consolidated view of their entire alternative and traditional investment portfolio.
To our employees we offer a stimulating environment where they can grow as a professional and develop long term careers, not just another job. To this end we ensure our professionals have the support to achieve their career development and goals including professional certification reimbursement programs. In addition to competitive salaries, a casual work environment and an excellent benefits program we give our employees the chance to give back to the community through our social service activities.
We celebrate our employee’s successes and believe successful employees lead to successful businesses. If you take pride in your work and want to take pride in your employer- contact us.
This growth oriented position will have the primary responsibility of record keeping and financial reporting for several private equity investment partnership clients and will report to a Fund Controller. This individual will be responsible for understanding and applying current accounting principles to the accounting and financial reporting of investment partnerships and for reviewing transaction and valuation information. A partial list of responsibilities and skills includes:
- Recording journal entries and maintaining general ledger for assigned partnerships
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Preparation of capital calls and distributions notices to partners
- Maintain a working understanding of the limited partnership agreements(s) and apply the terms to the financial reporting and the income and expense allocations
- Maintain a working knowledge of current accounting principles and developing solutions for issues that affect investment partnerships
- Preparation of financial statements and footnotes
- Allocation of income and expenses to the partners’ capital accounts
- Preparation of various management reports for assigned partnerships
- College degree with a major in accounting
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Proactive, resourceful, strong work ethic, team player
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
MUFG Investor Services (US), LLC is an equal opportunity employer.