Data Quality Steward – Rockville, MD
Position: Data Quality Steward
Location: Rockville, MD
MUFG Investor Services provides asset servicing solutions to the global investment management industry. Leveraging the financial and intellectual capital of MUFG – one of the largest banks in the world with $2.7 trillion in assets – we provide clients access to a range of leading solutions from fund administration, middle-office outsourcing, custody, foreign exchange, fund of hedge fund financing, trustee services and depositary to securities lending and other banking services.
We offer our employees a stimulating environment where they can learn and grow as a Data Quality professional and are able to advance their careers. This opportunity offers an excellent benefits package and competitive compensation program.
MUFG Investor Services is seeking a Data Quality Steward to join our team in our Rockville, MD office. The Data Quality Steward will be responsible for defining and managing the process by which additions and modifications are made to master data used by all the business teams. He/she will facilitate the adherence to data governance standards enabled and enforced by the Data Digital Transformation Program (DTP) team. The Data Steward is required to remain flexible to changes within a project or business requirements and be able to perform independently and closely collaborate with Executives, business users, and IT.
The Data Quality Steward should be a dynamic, self-motivated, inquisitive and experienced business analyst versed in financial services processes and systems in order to provide business analysis into projects within the DTP in collaboration with executive sponsors and project teams.
The scope of responsibilities will include:
- Creating and managing core metadata. Execute and manage the process, controls, and business rules around Master Data to ensure Data Quality in the organization.
- Documenting the rules, data definitions, and standards
- Managing Data quality issues. Work with business and technology stakeholders to ensure standard definitions are created and understood. Informs and implements the change management process to create, alter, or retire master and reference data used across the organization.
- Executing Operational Data Governance activities.
- Work closely with the business users and development teams to understand what the data is and how it is used in the business processes. Follow the data to how it is stored, replicated, transformed, and used.
- Work with the developers and users to assure the highest quality and integrity of data to support accurate, consistent, well understood, and timely information is available for use enterprise-wide.
- Support the business and product line teams by helping to define and document data definitions as they perform their work in implementing the business access and reporting around that data.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of Finance or data experience in a large global organization
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, Data, IT or related field required
- Domain knowledge of Finance data domains and finance and/or accounting processes and/or systems
- Experience around defining and managing data related processes
- Ability to lead and influence non-hierarchical, cross-functional workgroups to drive to a consensus on definitions and data usage
- Leadership presence and ability to communicate with impact
Please submit your resume to Recruiter@mufg-is.com
MUFG Investor Services is an equal opportunity employer.