Business Operations Associate Director – Rockville, MD
Position: Business Operations Associate Director
Location: Rockville, MD
About MUFG Investor Services (US), LLC
MUFG Investor Services provides asset servicing solutions to the global investment management industry. Leveraging the financial and intellectual capital of MUFG – one of the largest banks in the world with $2.7 trillion in assets – we provide clients access to a range of leading solutions from fund administration, middle-office outsourcing, custody, foreign exchange, fund of hedge fund financing, trustee services and depositary to securities lending and other banking services.
This opportunity offers an excellent benefits package and competitive compensation program.
MUFG Investor Services is seeking an associate director to join the group tasked with transforming and supporting Fund Accounting, Fund Administration, Tax Operations and Transfer Agency departments within our Rockville, MD office.
Working with internal and external business users, as well as with our technology team, the selected candidate will enable the business to run smoothly by assisting with various tasks such as maintaining existing Excel spreadsheets, Access databases, and reports used throughout the business units on a daily basis. Additionally, this person will build new spreadsheets and reports, as required. Finally, they will be responsible for change management and documentation of their solutions.
- Act as a senior liaison to the business to surface issues and resolve unstructured problems as needed.
- Lead the identification of strategic needs to assist with business transformation to include understanding the need, documenting the process and offering efficient solutions and that result in annual savings to the company.
- Lead projects, fund launches, and liquidations, workflow improvement and preparation of key deliverables.
- Act as a senior subject matter expert on corporate initiatives.
- Lead communications with internal audit, risk and compliance teams, as well as, key third party vendors.
- Create new and maintain existing processes and reports that contain complex formulas and /or macros that will be used within business units to support everyday business functions.
- Extract and manipulate data as part of business analysis and operational reporting.
- Act as a subject matter expert in at least one key business application or support process (vendor management, risk management, etc.)
- Lead the onboarding of new clients and act as a client point of contact, as needed.
- Act as a leader within the team for more junior/less tenured staff members and help to develop and expand our corporate culture.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business / Information Systems, Accounting, Finance or similar required
- 7 + years of Financial Services / Investment Management knowledge and experience required with specific experience within a Fund Administrator and / or Fund Advisor.
- 7+ years experience as a senior Subject Matter Expert in one or more of the following products or tools: Business Objects, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft VBA, Envision PowerAgent, Confluence NXT, FIS InvestOne, FiServ Frontier, SQL, Xceptor
- Past experience implementing changes that save your organization at least $50,000 annually. Ability to affect change in an unstructured environment requiring multitasking with rapidly changing priorities
- Learning agility with a passion for making things better than they were originally
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to maintain a high level of information integrity and accuracy
- Strong experience with unstructured system and data analysis
- Extensive experience with documentation and complex problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to build trust-based relationships with internal and external clients and colleagues
- Possess a can-do attitude, resourceful, excellent work ethic, enthusiastic, customer-oriented
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Assertive, flexible, and pro-active leader who is comfortable with the freedom to act with minimal direction.
Please submit your resume to Recruiter@mufg-is.us
MUFG Investor Services (US), LLC is an equal opportunity employer.