Business Operations Analyst – Rockville, MD
Position: Business Operations Analyst
Location: Rockville, MD
MUFG Investor Services provides asset servicing solutions to the global investment management industry. Leveraging the financial and intellectual capital of MUFG – one of the largest banks in the world with $2.4 trillion in assets – we provide clients access to a range of leading solutions from fund administration, middle-office outsourcing, custody, foreign exchange, fund of hedge fund financing, trustee services and depositary to securities lending and other banking services.
This opportunity offers an excellent benefits package and competitive compensation program.
MUFG Investor Services is seeking an analyst to join a newly formed group tasked with transforming and supporting Fund Accounting, Fund Administration, Tax Operations and Transfer Agency departments within our Rockville, MD office.
Working with internal and external business users, as well as with our technology team, the selected candidate will enable the business to run smoothly by assisting with various tasks such as maintaining existing Excel spreadsheets, Access databases,and reports used throughout the business units on a daily basis. Additionally this person will build new spreadsheets and reports, as required. Finally, they will be responsible for change management and documentation of their solutions.
- Act as the liaison to the business to surface issues and resolve problems as needed.
- Help identify strategic needs to assist with business transformation to include understanding the need, documenting the process and offering efficient solutions.
- Facilitate projects, workflows and preparation of deliverables
- Create new and maintain existing excel spreadsheets that contain complex formulas and macros that will be used within business units to support everyday business functions.
- Extract and manipulate data as part of business analysis and operational reporting.
- Design, create and maintain tables, queries, reports and forms that will support each division within the business as well as help identify strategic needs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Accounting, Finance or similar preferred)
- 1 – 3 years experience with Excel Macros / VBA Development and MS Access DB Development
- Report writing via tools like Cognos, Business Objects, Sql Report Writer,etc. a plus
- Financial Services knowledge and experience desired
- Ability to work with targeted direction in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to maintain a high level of information integrity and accuracy
- Strong experience with system analysis
- Extensive experience with documentation and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possess a can-do attitude, resourceful, excellent work ethic, enthusiastic, customer-oriented
- 1+ year of SQL development experience
- Solid understanding of Microsoft.NET
- Exposure to SharePoint advantageous
- Gift for making things better than when they were found
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Assertive, flexible, pro-active and a team player
Please submit your resume to Recruiter@mufg-is.us
MUFG Investor Services (US), LLC is an equal opportunity employer.